The Orange County One-Stop Centers provides comprehensive employment and training services, including a Resource Center with access to computers, fax machines, copiers, and telephones. Other services include a resume distribution program; a career resource library, labor market information, networking opportunities, job search workshops, on-site interviews with local employers, transferable skills information, job leads, and training programs.
There are programs for youth, older workers, people with disabilities, adults, dislocated workers, Veterans, and TANF recipients. Coastline Community College, Employment Development Department & ProPath are the major Consortium members with numerous partner agencies.
Contractor agrees to integrate the fullest extent possible, the following principles into the delivery of services:
- Streamline Services through an integration of multiple programs, including Wagner-Peyser and WIA, at the service level through One-Stop service centers;
- Empower Individuals with information and resources they need to manager their own careers;
- Employer Services that recognize business as a customer as well as a source for jobs leading to meaningful employment.
- Universal access for all job seekers to a core set of career decision-making and job search tools;
- Increase accountability of the delivery system to achieve improved results regarding skill gains, credentials earned, job placement rates, earnings and retention in employment;
- State and local flexibility to ensure that delivery systems are responsive to the needs of individual communities; and
- Strong role for local boards and the private sector to impact the design and operation of delivery systems.