Free Tax Filing by Supervisor Donald Wagner, Orange County United Way, and City of Irvine
Time & Location
About the Event
FREE TAX FILING!
Wednesdays, February 10 – April 7
If you live, work, or attend school in Irvine and your household income was less than $60,000 in 2020, you may be eligible to file your taxes for free and access valuable tax credits.
What do I bring to prepare my taxes?
- Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number letter for each person listed on the tax return
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2020
- All 1099 forms for other income from 2020
- Form 1095-A, B, or C: Health Insurance Coverage Statement
- All 1098-T Education and Tuition forms for educational expenses
- Childcare provider information: name, address, phone number, and Tax ID number (if available)
- Copy of your 2019 Tax Return
- Picture ID: driver’s license, official identification, or passport for you and your spouse (if filing jointly)
- Checking and savings account information for direct deposit refund
If you earned less than $55,000, you may be eligible to receive Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) worth more than $6,000!
How do I qualify for the EITC?
- Be a U.S. citizen or residing immigrant for all of 2020
- Have a social security number valid for employment
- Eligibility depends on marital status, household income, and number of qualifying dependents
- Call 888-434-8248 to find out if you are eligible.
DATES & LOCATION:
February 10–April 7
Wednesdays, Noon–7 p.m.
Cypress Community Park
255 Visions, Irvine
Call 888-434-8248 for more information about the EITC program or to schedule an appointment.
Free tax site cannot prepare returns with all types of income or expenses. Please verify with the appointment representative or site greeter that your return can be prepared. An appointment is not a guarantee of service.
Hosted by Orange County District 3 Supervisor Donald Wagner, Orange County United Way, and City of Irvine.