How to Start Your Own Home-based Food Business
Time & Location
About the Event
The world of culinary and food & beverage is a vast, ever-changing business. There are tremendous opportunities for anyone who is willing to put in the work to open a food service business. This course will help clients better understand the necessary steps from conceptual design, to strategy, to marketing, training, and understanding how to make their home-based food business profitable and successful.
You will learn the basic skills and techniques to create a successful home-based food business or even lead you into becoming a restaurateur.
Participants will learn:
- Understanding the concept of the various food business opportunities available.
- Understand the differences between Cottage Food Law and Microenterprise Kitchen.
- Market Research and understand your demographics and competitors.
- Competitive analysis to determine if your concept will succeed.
- Location. Location. Location.
- Menu design and how to create a profitable menu.
- Menu analysis and understanding what works and what does not.
- Pricing and how to determine what to charge for menu items.
- Inventory and cost controls and why this is important for success.
- Marketing your concept and creating your strategic plan.
- Financial statements, P&L’s, COGS, and how to understand how you make money.
- What’s next with your growth?